The Holy Spirit
THE Holy Spirit
The Holy Spirit was there in the beginning. (Genesis 1:26, 11:7, Isaiah 48:16) The Holy Spirit was present with God The Father and Jesus The Son before the beginning.
The Holy Spirit is personal, not impersonal. (John 16:17, 15:26, 16:7-8) The Spirit is revealed as Him not It. The Holy Spirit is the direct agent between heaven and earth in this gospel age.
The Holy Spirit regenerates. (II Corinthians 3:6, Romans 8:11) The Holy Spirit converts or reforms us, believers, completely.
The Holy Spirit teaches. (John 14:26, 16:12-14) When we study the word of God we must ask for the aide of the Holy Spirit to teach us the information that God desires we have knowledge of.
The Holy Spirit guides. (Romans 8:14, Galatians 5:16, 18) In order to live a successful Christian life all Christians must rely on the guidance of the Holy Spirit. He leads believers in all truths. He will never lead us in the wrong direction or in
any way that is contrary to God.
The Holy Spirit Convicts believers of sin. (John 16:5-11) The Holy Spirit is here to show all the truth about sin. That it is a destructive force, contrary to God and His Will and that it, if not forgiven, leads to death.
The Holy Spirit gives inspiration. (II Timothy 3:16, II peter 1:21) The Holy Spirit gives insight and inspiration to all believers.
The Holy Spirit provides comfort. (John 14:16, Acts 9:31) The Holy Spirit comforts believers in restless times. There are times in the life of a believer when the circumstances of life seem unbearable. God in His infinite wisdom has sent the Holy Spirit to comfort believers at such times.
The Holy Spirit is a gift from God. (John 14:15-26, Acts 2:1-4) God has sent the Holy Spirit to believers as a gift. He expects His children to make use of all that He provides.
The Holy Spirit is a helper to believers. (Romans 8:26) God knows that believers cannot survive in this hostile world without someone helping them. His Holy Spirit helps believers navigate the sometimes harsh environment of this world.
Review of The Holy Spirit:
1. The Holy Spirit provides ____________________ (John 14:16) for believers?
2. The Holy Spirit is a _______________________(John 14:15-26) from God?
3. The Holy Spirit ________________________ (John 16:5-11) believers of sin.
4. The Holy Spirit is a ______________________(Romans 8:14) to believers.
5. When believers need help they can call on (Romans 8:26) _______________________.
6. The Holy Spirit _________________________(II Corinthians 3:6) all believers.
7. God the Father, Son and __________________________(Genesis 1:26, 11:7) were there in the beginning.
8. The Holy Spirit teaches believers. True or False
9. The Holy Spirit is impersonal. True or False