“Bible” derives from the Greek term “books” and refers to the Old and New Testaments. God’s Holy Scriptures, the Holy Bible, was written by men divinely inspired by God and it record’s God’s revelation of Himself to humans. It has God, the Holy Spirit for its author, salvation for its end, and truth without mixture of error for its matter. The Bible above all talks about God and His relationship to the world. The Bible is a rule or standard of authority for Christians. The Bible is divide into two parts. The Old Testament which was primarily written in Hebrew, with some portions of Ezra-Nehemiah and Daniel in Aramaic, consist of thirty-nine books. The New Testament which was written in Greek, consists of twenty-seven books. Combined, there are sixty-six books in the entire Bible.
These are the books of the Bible:
5 Books of The Law
The 12 Books of History
5 Books of Poetry
Song of Solomon
17 Books of Prophecy
The Four Gospels
1 Book of History
The 21 Letters
1 Book of Prophecy
Is life to believers ( Deuteronomy 8:3)
Enlightens believers (Psalm 119:103-105)
Is knowledge and power to believers (Matthew 22:29)
Offers comfort to believers (Romans 15:4)
Tells believers that God loved them first (I John 4:19)
List the Commandments of God (Exodus 20)
List the greatest Commandment ( Matthew 22:41-46, Mark 12:28-31)
Inform believers of the fact that God is the Shepherd to His people (Psalm 23)
Tells believers of the power of faith (Matthew 21:18-22)
Tells Believers of the power of God over all things (Mark 4:35-41)
Tells believers of the power of prayer and praise (Acts 16:23-26)
Tells believers that all are sinners ( Romans 3:23)
Tells believers that they are free from sin (Romans 6:12-14)
Tells believers that they must act on what they hear in or from the Word of God (James 1:22-25)
Tells believers that their faith is displayed in their actions (James 2:14)
Tells believers that Jesus will return (I Thessalonians 4:16)
Review of The Holy Bible:
1. The Bible is divided into two parts, they are the _____________________________ and _________________________.
2. How many books make up the Old Testament? _____________________________.
3. How many books are there total in the Bible? _________________.
4. Who is the author of the Bible? ______________________.
5. The Bible tells believers that their ____________________ is displayed in their Actions? (James 2:14)
6. The Bible does not tell believers that Jesus will return. (I Thessalonians 4:16) True or False
7. The Bible tells believers that there is power in their praise. (Acts 16:23-26) True or False
8. The Bible tells believers that they loved God first. (I John 4:19) True or False
9. The Bible tells believers that they can never be free from sin. (Romans 6:12-14) True or False
10. God is the Shepherd of His people. True or False